cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to encode in nxopen using java for drafting the body ?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm a newer to nxopen.I want to draft the body using From edges.The draft angle is 5. I read the nxopen api for java,but I also know how to encode?Could you show me the code in java?Thank you very much!!!

For detail refer to the below picture.

4 REPLIES

Re: How to encode in nxopen using java for drafting the body ?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Have you tried recording journal (in Java Language) while creating this draft manually in NX UI? After that you can take a look what was recorded in journal and reuse it in your NXOpen project.

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.2
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The journal recorder is a great way to learn the NXOpen API. Change your journal language preference to Java (menu -> preferences -> user interface -> journal); then record a journal while executing a taper command in NX. Stop the journal recording after applying the taper and study the resulting code. Experiment with the code and modify it to your needs.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The best answer for this is to record a journal. First, set your journal language to Java (Preferences, User Interface, Tools, Journal, Journal Language). Then start recording a journal (Tools, Journal, Record). Work through your steps interactively to produce the feature you want. Stop recording the journal (Tools, Journal, Stop Recording.

The journal captures the API needed to repeat the steps you performed interactively, in Java.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you very much!  I know how to do it!