cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get cam user operation attributes in PP?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello I‘m newbie in NX Open programming and I want to use some variables from CAM object in my post processor.

There variables will be written as user attributes for each CAM-operation in my open nx app.

Camattr.PNG

Firstly I read this topic : https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/open_forum/threa...

But I can’t get my variables from CAM object in ReviewTool. I post from "Program".

ReviewTool.PNG

The Posting from "NC_Group" give me the same result.

Part user attributes are available in ReviewTool.

What can be wrong?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES

Re: How to get cam user operation attributes in PP?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

See MOM variables for attributes for a start.

Generally you should always consult the NX help file on all topics related to post building or post processing first, since the fundamental information is there.

Only if you do not find any hint about a variable there, you need to use the review tool.

In addition operation attributes are not available in start of group, only program order group attributes.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Stefan,

thank you for your link. I found my mistake.

I get my CAM operation attribute not from MOM_start_of_group, but from  MOM_machine_mode.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

When you have the review tool open select the variable of interest in the middle pane and see its values in the left pane.

The review tool shows when the variable is first available in this particular situation, so it might be available at a later time in another situation, better to check it just before you really need it.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community