Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to get distance data (number) from DeviationGauge tool

I need to access this data produced by the deviation gauge tool in siemens NX 10: 

In other words, i need the distance values evaluated on all the points of a FACET body. But i need the data to be accessible/usable in my NX open code, to perform further operations. How can i access it? 

6 REPLIES

Re: How to get distance data (number) from DeviationGauge tool

Anyone with a solution? I don't know how to deal with this problem. 

Could the data be stored in "Labels"? Or associated with the facet body? 

In the near future, I will be working with the DeviationGauge. I will keep this topic in mind.

Thank you. I am sure that my problem is mainly because of my incompetence, but has I said i cannot find where the results of the data are stored and how to call them.

In other words: I imagine that the deviation analysis should produce a list (array?) of distances, but i don't know where it is stored and which method/property use to call it.  (A simple .txt could be sufficient as result) 

Just an update, as the thread might be useful in the future: 

I partially solved this issue relying on the "Show Information" feature of Siemens NX: selecting the DeviationAnalysis object from the feature tree and using the CTRL+I combination on the keyboard will cause NX to print a report of the object in the informationwindow which, for the DeviationAnalysis objects, will comprehend all the evaluated distances and point coordinates. 

I am still looking for a way to obtain the same data directly in a vector or matrix or something like that directly in VB. At the moment i am saving huge deviation .txt files from the information window and relying on parsing to extract the data that i need. Any contribution in this direction would be extremely beneficial for me. 

Thanks, 

Francesco

Hi,

I also faced same issue to getting the deviation gauge results data. I used following code to store the object information in text file. From text file data can be parsed whatever is required. 

Following Code can be used to automate your manual process.

theSession.ListingWindow.SelectDevice(ListingWindow.DeviceType.File, "C:\temp\info.txt")

theSession.Information.DisplayObjectsDetails(deviationGaugeObject)

theSession.ListingWindow.SelectDevice(ListingWindow.DeviceType.Window, String.Empty)

' Parse and get the data from "C:\temp\info.txt"
Selvaraj C
CAD Automation Engineer
NX 9 | NX 11 | Teamcenter 10

Thanks, that's exactly what I am doing at the moment. Still waiting for a faster alternative though.

Best
Francesco