Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get position of a Part in an assembly on monitor screen VB. NET, NX 11

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I just experienced the NX for 2nd day so please be gentle. For the coordinates of a Part on an assembly, after I explored some of the methods, I saw we could use

Child.NameLocation.X
Child.NameLocation.Y
Child.NameLocation.Z

However, what I am interested in is its location on my computer screen.  I tried the list of available methods and I could not find one.   Can someone please guide me?

3 REPLIES

Re: How to get position of a Part in an assembly on monitor screen VB. NET, NX 11

Legend
Legend

There is an example in the Solution Center that shows how to map absolute coordinates to view space.

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&dt=nx-api&q=%22view+spa...

Re: How to get position of a Part in an assembly on monitor screen VB. NET, NX 11

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Technisites , can you provide an example on how to run these functions?  I do not want to act as an lazy guy but my limit knowledge on the subject makes the codes like something from space. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I guess I can pass my X, Y, Z from
Child.NameLocation.X
Child.NameLocation.Y
Child.NameLocation.Z

To MapView2Abs. However, how can I obtain parameter aView as View to pass it to the function