Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How to get position of a Part in an assembly on monitor screen VB. NET, NX 11

I just experienced the NX for 2nd day so please be gentle. For the coordinates of a Part on an assembly, after I explored some of the methods, I saw we could use

Child.NameLocation.X
Child.NameLocation.Y
Child.NameLocation.Z

However, what I am interested in is its location on my computer screen.  I tried the list of available methods and I could not find one.   Can someone please guide me?

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author ulink2rle
‎02-18-2017 04:50 AM

Re: How to get position of a Part in an assembly on monitor screen VB. NET, NX 11

There is an example in the Solution Center that shows how to map absolute coordinates to view space.

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&dt=nx-api&q=%22view+spa...

Re: How to get position of a Part in an assembly on monitor screen VB. NET, NX 11

@Technisites , can you provide an example on how to run these functions?  I do not want to act as an lazy guy but my limit knowledge on the subject makes the codes like something from space. 

I guess I can pass my X, Y, Z from
Child.NameLocation.X
Child.NameLocation.Y
Child.NameLocation.Z

To MapView2Abs. However, how can I obtain parameter aView as View to pass it to the function