Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to: get started, find documentation, get help

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Yamada,

There is something that I missed cause documentation can't be found.
doc not found.PNG

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Yamada wrote:

That's correct. In NX12, the NX/Open Reference Guide for .NET is supplied in HTML format, not in CHM format, as in the past.

You don't need to be on-line to read the HTML document, though. You can install the document on your computer, which would allow you to read it off-line.

There seem to be mixed feelings about the switch to HTML -- some people like it, and some don't.

In the old documentation you could use the index if you knew the name of a function or the search if you didn't. Does the new documentation have similar capabilities? I've been poking around for a while now and so far I really hate it.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@cowski1 wrote:

In the old documentation you could use the index if you knew the name of a function or the search if you didn't. Does the new documentation have similar capabilities? I've been poking around for a while now and so far I really hate it.

I am not familiar with using this type of document for NX/Open Reference Guide for .NET languages (VB, C#, etc.) but first thing I was looking for is "Search" field. I am new in NX programming world and my first step is try to perform search by keywords of function. I have realized it's not possible with this type of document. Please correct me If I am wrong.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You can initiate a search from here, but it will list results from all over the API documentation (.net, python, java, etc). I was hoping for a simple way to search within your desired scope, but have not found it yet.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is no built-in search function in the NX12 .NET Reference Guide. The Development folks understand that a search function is useful (I think), so I'm guessing that they just couldn't get it working in time for the release. There is a discussion of this issue in this other thread. Stefan Pendl has created an ER (ER#9030933) requesting a search function. You can contact GTAC and get your vote added to this ER. 

You can get Google to search a specific site. I haven't tried this approach, so I don't know if it would work.

If you're really unhappy, and you have a bit of free time, I think you can create your own documentation in any form you like. All the necessary information is in the files NXOpen.dll and NXOpen.xml. I think you could just feed these into your favorite documentation generation system (some of which produce output that includes a search function). I haven't tried this myself, either, so I'm not sure that it would work.

山田
yamada

Experimenter
Experimenter

@Yamada I have a same problem in c#, how i can compile a journal using  a external .exe, in my API i open a nx and execute a journal that i was created, but a Nx can't work my Journal in c# why? And is giving this warning  "System.DllNotFoundException: Não é possível carregar a DLL 'libpart': Não foi possível encontrar o módulo especificado." 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the reference guides!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @Yamada,

You content on getting started with NXOPEN is really helpful.

I have a quick question for you.

I have been working as a design engineer for my entire career, but i changed my field to application support recently (NX & Teamcenter).

I spent almost 6 months in learning Python to progress in my career. For example, creating some NX automation programs,  customize some commands on NX. However, I am not able to start working on these areas due to some lack of knowledge. I started making some journalling programs.

What would you suggest to become a good NX customization expert. I learned a programming language (not an expert), what should be my next step to become a application developer?

I am kind of confused right now. Thanks for reading my long message and I really appreciate your time.