Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify the selected point type?

Hello all,

I'm trying to use the "Select Object" UI block for point selection. User should be able to select existing points ( using snap point options) or specify new one. I used  UFConstants.UF_point_type constant to setup the selection mask and switched on "PointOverlay" block property. Everything work as expected - I could seelct existing point and I could click on any empty space and NX generates new "pseudo" point. The only problem I can't resolve so far is how to find out which type of point was selected. For example when I select the end point of any curve - the Select Object block returns (GetSelectedObject) - NXOpen.Point type, and when I just click on empty space and NX creates the point on-the-fly - I also get NXOpen.Point object type. I want somehow to find out if selected point belongs to any existiong geometry or it's point that was created on-the-fly.

Does anybody know the function to get such info from the point object?

Thank you in advance

Re: How to identify the selected point type?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure about the UI styler block, but the PointSubfunction method will return a value depending on the method used to specify the point (end point, cursor location, existing point, etc). Perhaps there is similar functionality in the UI block.