Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to identify the selected point type?

Hello all,

I'm trying to use the "Select Object" UI block for point selection. User should be able to select existing points ( using snap point options) or specify new one. I used  UFConstants.UF_point_type constant to setup the selection mask and switched on "PointOverlay" block property. Everything work as expected - I could seelct existing point and I could click on any empty space and NX generates new "pseudo" point. The only problem I can't resolve so far is how to find out which type of point was selected. For example when I select the end point of any curve - the Select Object block returns (GetSelectedObject) - NXOpen.Point type, and when I just click on empty space and NX creates the point on-the-fly - I also get NXOpen.Point object type. I want somehow to find out if selected point belongs to any existiong geometry or it's point that was created on-the-fly.

Does anybody know the function to get such info from the point object?

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY

Re: How to identify the selected point type?

I'm not sure about the UI styler block, but the PointSubfunction method will return a value depending on the method used to specify the point (end point, cursor location, existing point, etc). Perhaps there is similar functionality in the UI block.