Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to know to which face does a curve belong to?

I use IntersectionCurve command to obtain some curves intersected between a plane and many different surfaces (Multi - Patch). After commiting the IntersectionCurve command, I am able to get the created intersection curves. But the question is that: How can I know which face does each curve belong to??

I know if a curve is an edge, it is feasible to get face by using the function getfaces(). But if a curve is created by IntersectionCurve instead of an edge, the getfaces function is not feasible.

For sure, if I loop over each face and do the IntersectionCurve command between one plane with one face, I know the face & curve topology by default. But if I do the intersectionCurve command between one plane with many faces, I want to know the topology of each created intersection curves

Here in the following, is the screenshot after performing the IntersectionCurve.

As you can see there are 2 curves, which belong to different faces . I want to know which face does each curve belong to.

1 REPLY

Re: How to know to which face does a curve belong to?

I had the same need.

I ended up getting a point on the curve and then cycling though all the faces until I found one zero distance (within tolerance).  Kind of a pain but it works :-(