Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to show colour bar in NX CAD interface

As shown in the picture below, once I use "Curvature analysis", I can see the color bar showing the curvature values and differnent colors painted on the body.

I would like to know whether there exist a function in Nx open to show the color bar and paint colors on the body.

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES

Re: How to show colour bar in NX CAD interface

The quickest way is to record a journal of doing a curvature analysis and seeing what it contains.
Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Thank you for your reply.

I use journal to record "curvature analysis" once.

But the "faceCurvatureAnalysisBuilder" is just like a black box. It receives the faces which need to be analyzed as input data and then commits the command. I can not see the exact function for plotting the color bar.

Best regards

Are you hoping to just display the colour bar for your own purposes? I don't think that is possible. I expect the only way to display the colour bar is to generate a curvature analysis.
Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

I don't think there is any easy way to do this.

To fake it, you could create little rectangular surfaces and give them suitable colors, and use notes to create the labels, but this will be quite a lot of work.

山田
yamada

I don't know if there API access to it or not, but if so it would probably be found by searching the documentation for "fringe plot" or "fringe color plot"

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens