Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track dimensions values in a drawing?

Builder
Builder

Dear All,

I have created a Journal to track dimensions in a drawing. It goes through all dimensions add writes them in an excel file. As I want to compare dimension values each time with the previous values, I decided to specify each dimension with its tag. It means I got dimension's tags in seperate column in excel for comparison in next phase.

Each time I play Journal, it creates new columns in excel containing dimension's tags and dimension values. Then it compares them with values from the previous Run. It compares dimension values which their tags are equal.

I had no problem until I closed NX and open it again. I found that dimension tags completely changed and I can't compare them anymore.

I will thank you if anyone has a suggestion for me to solve the problem.

(The main reason of creating this code is to record a history of changing a drawing each time I create PDF so I don't want use Track drawing changes in NX)

Sina shojaee
4 REPLIES

Re: How to track dimensions values in a drawing?

Legend
Legend

Object tags can change between sessions.  Try using Object Handles instead. Use UF_TAG_ask_handle_from_tag to get the handle.

Builder
Builder
Dear @Technisites
Thank you for your comment.
I could get handle but it contains part name. Then I trimed handle name and got unique name for each dimension.
Sina shojaee

Experimenter
Experimenter

Can u post the Journal that Export all dimensions to Excel sheet?

Builder
Builder

Dear @Saritha_BS

Yes. At this time I'm still working on it. trying to make it work better. After it's completion I will send it to you.

Sina shojaee