Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Hundreds of .tmp files

We have several users reporting the issue that their project folders are cluttered with hundreds of .tmp files (file size is 0 KB) that are a nuisance to their workflow. These are not the .rol_bin temp files whose location is governed by the UGII_UGSOLIDS_TMP variable.

Is there a way to set the location of these .tmp files?

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alyssa
‎02-13-2017 02:14 PM

Re: Hundreds of .tmp files

Is the file name pattern like .eds*tmp, then you are out of luck, since NX uses these files to check for a folders existence.

I have ER#7651279 "Change the NX write access checks to not create .eds*tmp files in directories" open to get this nonsense resolved. Feel free to ask GTAC to be added to this ER.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

It is exactly that issue!
At least the files are marked "hidden" so if the folder options are set to "do not show hidden files and folders" they are not visible...
Thanks for the information!

[ Edited ]

The problem is that you will get thousands of these files when you don't delete them on a daily basis. The amount of these hidden files will slow down NX immensely.

I suggest to create a daily scheduled task to delete them, see the "FORFILES" batch command on Windows 7 and above or any programming language you are fluent in.

I also have an open ER, so I would suggest to request GTAC to be added to ER#7651279 "Change the NX write access checks to not create .eds*tmp files in directories" to have this resolved once and forever.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community