cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Box in NXOpen c++

Hi all,

I should need Input Box to take user values in NX 8.5 . I am using NXOpen c++, but not able to find method to input values through inputBox. How can I create InputBox using c++ code..

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES

Re: Input Box in NXOpen c++

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well unfortunaley C++ does not have a standard GUI library. Microsoft never thought to optimize that method like they did with Visual Basic and C#. You will most likely have to build your form and use the Form.ShowMethod(). You can see more on that in the following link:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c7ykbedk.aspx

Unless of course the NX comes pre-packaged with a GUI library for C++. I'm not sure. I think you will have to resort to using the above method.

Phenom
Phenom

You could try using the legacy C functions like uc1607(), uc1608(), uc1609() and uc1613().

See details here: UF_UI

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure that it is available in C++, but the NXInputBox class might do the job.

Phenom
Phenom

I don't use C++. but I thought you could access all the old C stuff from there...

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

thank you junfan, using microsoft messagebox can solve my problem

Hello @Inch,

Can you give me any example how to use the legacy cfunctions uc1607....

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you search for uc1607 in the Solution Center, and then filter on the document type of nx_api, there are 72 example programs available that use that function.

You can add Open C into your Opdn C++ code, just be sure that you #include <uf_ui.h> - or whatever header is appropriate for the call you are using.