cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a API method to get the nc file extension

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I would like to know if there is any API function or method to get the NC file extension as displayed in the post-process dialog.

If I know exactly how NX is receiving this information, I could duplicate this via NXOpen API.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
2 REPLIES

Re: Is there a API method to get the nc file extension

The extension is set when you select a post in the list. If you can get the selected post, then you can get to the files, and look in the tcl file for mom_sys_output_file_suffix or the .pui for Listfileflag_ncfile_ext.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Re: Is there a API method to get the nc file extension

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @MarkRief,

I know that I could parse the post-processor files, the Tcl file would be the only reliable option, since for post configurator posts the PUI file is left empty.

I noticed that NX seems to run the post-processor in the background without generating output to collect this information, since post-processors with syntax errors would raise an error when selected in the dialog.

It would be great if this functionality could be used via API too.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community