cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to translate CATProduct with FTA Annotation To .prt with pmi ??

is it possible to translate CATProduct with FTA Annotation  To .prt with pmi ?? 

4 REPLIES

Re: Is there any way to translate CATProduct with FTA Annotation To .prt with pmi ??

Using translator, convert CATIA part files to JT and then you can open those JT files in NX.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | Teamcenter-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Re: Is there any way to translate CATProduct with FTA Annotation To .prt with pmi ??

thanks for your reply...but i did not have a catia to jt translator license.

so i create a application which convert catia file to nx & then nx to jt trough normal nx converter.

then use that jt in teamcenter but i does not get any annotation through this process

Yes, that translator requires additional license in CATIA or need some third party translators.

You may be aware of that NX comes with Translators which can be run independent of NX. I am not certain if CATIAV4/CATIAV5 translator can translate the FTA of Catia part to NX part. trans.PNG

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | Teamcenter-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

I known about this translator.I already used catia v5 Translator but it did not translate annotation.Catia v4 translator i did not require.