cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard accelerator / shortcut, file-based

Genius
Genius

Hi all,

I´d like to create a keyboard shortcut (or accelerator how it is called in NX) in a file-based way.

I figured out a way to do this by modifying UG_APP_MANUFACTURING.dtx . Unfortunately, due to some wrong overkill UI customization at my company, this can´t be overwritten by placing it in a application\profiles\UG_APP_MANUFACTURING directory structure within UGII_GROUP_DIR .

Apart from interactive customization, is there another way applying the keyboard shortcut by using .rtb, .grb or .men files? These are the ones that get read work.

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3
4 REPLIES

Re: Keyboard accelerator / shortcut, file-based

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The .MEN file allows to assign keyboard accelerators throughout the company.

The menu-script documentation is your friend.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Genius
Genius

Hi Stefan,

why haven´t I found this in the documentation? I read through the pages, but missed that one.

Is the .dlx file just a new alternative or why are there two ways of doing it?

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

For me the DLX files are an internal files, since they are too complex to update, especially when you migrate to a new NX release.

The ribbon text files are easy to handle and migrate, since they are more like the old MEN files.

MEN files have been there for a very long time, ribbon text files have been introduced with NX 9.

I would stick with MEN and ribbon text files, the XML-based DLX files are nothing I would like to play with.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

JSchraitle wrote:

why haven´t I found this in the documentation? I read through the pages, but missed that one.

Might be because this is contained in the programmers reference, which is a separate installation of the documentation.