Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

'Known Issues' in Solution Center Search

Legend
Legend

I'm doing a review of code ported to NX1847. I found some workaround code I marked with 'Problem in API...see PR8362892'. It is not one of my own calls.

Obviously I found an existing PR related to my Problem when I created my workaround. When I now  search Solution Center for that particular PR again to get a clue what the problem was, I get no result. A quick try with other keywords and other known API errors produced no result. So it seems that I am not able to search for known issues anymore.

Am I doing something wrong? Have the known issues vanished from the Solution Center? They have been my first  place to look if something unexpected happens with my programs.

Regards.

Jan

Jan Böttcher
3 REPLIES 3

Re: 'Known Issues' in Solution Center Search

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

A while ago (a year?) Siemens removed most/all of the PRs from the "public" side of the database.

There was a thread on it somewhere (NX CAD forum?).

IIRC the reason is they were concerned that there was customer data being exposed, and it was too hard to go thru each PR to see if it was OK or not, so they just removed them all...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Legend
Legend

Thank you Ken!

bad news. It will be tedious to submit an IR for each little problem I encounter.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Böttcher

Legend
Legend

Hello @ijb, hello @Ken_A,

You're right, it's almost exactly a year that a lot of PR have been removed from the sight of what customer can see.

It was done to comply with the european GDPR I think.

Here's the topic you're refering to @Ken_A : https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/General-Forum/Cannot-find-anything-useful-anymore-in...

You can go see it, there are some news !

PR database is going to be restored within a new GTAC platform.

I've heard it should be out for customer at the end of september !

We administrate several Siemens products and it'll be very nice to have access to the whole database again !

Best regards,

Frédéric.