Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Left Border Bar Disappears

Hi,

I am new with NX, and this happened to me, now, 3 times, and it's very annoying. I take some time to customize my left border bar, and after I finally finish, at some random moment, few days later or some hours later, the border bar just disappears all of a sudden, and when I try to bring it back all the features that i've added to the bar are gone, and I have to do it again. How do I save that setting ? or what is happening to it so it keeps disappearing ?

Thank you,

Milos

14 REPLIES

Re: Left Border Bar Disappears

I vaguely remember a similar thread a while back about customizations disappearing. I can't seem to find the thread now, but if I remember correctly, I think it was a bug in the particular version of NX being used.

Also, bear in mind that many customizations are application specific. If you create a custom border bar in the modeling application, it may disappear when you switch to the drafting application. Note that it should show up again when you switch back to modeling; if it does not, that behavior should be reported to GTAC.

Thanks for quick answering. I was thinking the same that maybe I accidentally changed the application from modeling to something else, but it's not that, the bar is completely empty in all applications. And do you know maybe is there a way to save these somehow ? 

The only other reasons I can think of that would cause your customization to disappear is if you change your role in which case the role settings are used and your customizations are gone or if you do not have the "save settings at exit" option turned on.

What version of NX are you using (major version, MR and patch level if applicable)? To find out, go to Help -> about NX -> system information; your full version will be listed in the "NX Patch" line.

If you get eecrything set up the way you want, then save it as a "role"

You should be able to re-load the role and have everything back.

The trick is rememberiing to save a new role after you make more changes :-)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Ken_A wrote:

The trick is remembering to save a new role after you make more changes :-)

It is also possible to update the existing role to not end up with hundreds of different roles, just use "Save Role" from the context menu of the role.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I am using NX 10.0.3.5 Phase 5 built 211 parasolid version 27.1 and patch is MP7.

I didn't change roles. It happens at compleatly random moments. 

Can post  screen shots of the UI session before and after the border bar disappears? 

And how exactly do you "bring it back" to find everything missing? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hi,

Thank you for the response. Here are the screen shots of what is happening. On the picture 1 is my left toolbar border bar. Then something happens, I don't know what and I don't know how to recreate it, but it disappears. I click right click anywhere to see what happened and as you can see in pic 2 it says that left bar is on but it is not showing. On 3rd pic is where the bar is supposed to be. and on pic 4 is when I go to customize it shows that the left bar is empty. And I didn't switch roles or anything. 

Got to the navigator settings (gear icon in the upper left) and check pin open. Is that it?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens