cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal issues using the NX Api

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

just to be sure: if I have the proper license (which one by the way) is it perfectly legal to sell copies of our own software using the NX Api? Or are there special strings attached that I do not see at the moment?

I did not find a NX only eula. Only the general Siemens eula which has some info on Solid Edge custom programming but does not mention NX. I hope someone can shed light on this issue.

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES

Re: Legal issues using the NX Api

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The DLL must be signed to work without a NXOpen Author license.

This signing information also includes the sold-to of the NXOpen author license used to sign the DLL, which is written to the syslog of the executing NX session.

I think you are not allowed to sell a custom utility that you created with the regular NXOpen author license.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I believe you do have to become a partner (or whatever they call it now) to sell API software you write.  Talk to your sales rep, they should know how to get you in touch with the right people.

Ken (who used to be in a partner company)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Ken is correct.  Ask your sales representative to put you in touch with Taylor Anderson for information on the partner program.