cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links to UF_xxx methods not working in net_ref_uf.chm

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I have a problem to follow any link in the "NX11 NXOpen .Net API User Function Reference" which leads to the UF_xxx functions.

As the documentation normally is stored together with the C user functions and not with the .Net wrapper function, it's hard to know how to use the different user functions from .NET.

Is there any fixed CHM help file for that problem or do I need to set some configuration to get it work?

When I try to follow the link, my Window OS is telling me that I "need a new app to open this ms-its".

Any other links to the wrapper functions or namespaces work fine!

NX 11.0.1.1 + NX 10.0.3.5, Windows 10 Pro (x64)

5 REPLIES

Re: Links to UF_xxx methods not working in net_ref_uf.chm

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Martin,

It is working OK for me, except of course that it always goes to the very beginning of the relevant chapter of the Open C Reference, and then I have to search within that page for the function.  Where did you put your .chm file?  We have had some problems reported when they are on mapped drives.  (I keep mine on the desktop.)

Did you download your copy recently from the documentation page?

Steve

Solution Partner Phenom

As I did not install any local documentation (I use the online help), I created the UGDOC folder under "C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0" and copied the net_ref.chm and net_ref_uf.chm into it.

I also verified that both files are unblocked after downloading!

I just copied the file to the desktop and opened the help from there with the same problem.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Please log an IR with GTAC.  Based on what you are describing, I don't know why it would not work.  Thanks!

Solution Partner Phenom

I filed an incident report and got the following answer today:

"Thanks for reporting this issue to GTAC.

After checking it, there might be not much we can do to solve it and actually it never had been reported yet to us.

...(more explanations follow)..."

Finally, after more testing, I found the following and little bit tedious work-around:

1) If the link fails, move back in the history and copy the URL from the link's properties.

2) Open the "Jump to URL..." command and paste the URL

=> this will open the page correctly and even at the right position on that page ;-)HtmlHelp_JumpToURL.png

PS: The .NET help will no longer be delivered in CHM format in NX 12.0, but in standard HTML files, so that this problem will disappear!

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Good information; thanks for posting the follow up.