Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: List of users and relative NX version+build

Phenom
Phenom

@evolve wrote:

I just thought of something. The most extensive startup script is managed by Gerrit Koelewijn. He makes a template for each new NX-version.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Programming-Customization-Forum/NXcustom-Utilitie...

Hi @evolve ,

we don't use startup script.

Thank you..
Using NX1880 and RuleDesigner PDM

Built-in functions for converting units of measure

Legend
Legend

Yes, that's what you told me. But you asked an example of startup scripts. so this is a very good example of an extensive script.

Frederik Verscheure
Evolve Consulting bvba
Freelance NX & Teamcenter consultant
frederik@evolve-consulting.be

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If you don't run a startup script, then you only have a few choices:

1) Use tool like SCCM (Software Center) to push out & run a script on all systems with NX installed

2) Write something (.BAT or whatever) and have users run it manually 

3) Modify an existing journal/API program the ALL users run (e.g. title block block fillout, or ??? ) to do the work for you.  Once you have the data you need, remove that bit of code. (if different users run different journals/API programs, you may need to modify ALL of them to get complete coverage...)

4) Write a Menuscript & modify all users PCs (add a /PRE action to something like File -> Open to log the data)

5) probably some other ways using API / Journal code.

To me, option 1 is the best, the others are pretty much hacks.  (4) could probably be done with just the ENV file & some changes to the "shared" configuration files (assuming you have shared config files)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled