cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MenuScript for Siemens NX

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello NX Community!

Is it possible to write a menu script and wrap it into an installer so other users can "install" and have a new button in their NX interface?

I am completely new to NX and to want write an extension and publish it (for free) so all NX user can use it.

The additional button in the NX interface should be able to:

* get the current 3D model in the workspace

* export it as STL file via http post request to a webservice, open a returned URL

Thats the main function. Is this possible? (before I am thinking about buying NX) Is a menuscript the best solution? What developing software do I propably need?

Thank you for your help in advance and happy monday all!

2 REPLIES

Re: MenuScript for Siemens NX

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Menuscript only allows you to manipulate the menus that are displayed in NX.  If you want to create a button on a menu in NX, Menuscript can be used for that.  But if you want anything to happen when the user clicks your button, then you will have to write the code that runs when the button is clicked, and you will need one of our automation toolkits for that.  The two most common are the NX Open .Net Authoring kit and the NX Open Toolkits Authoring kit.  The .Net kit is Windows-only, but the other one lets you create and run programs on all supported platforms. 

Check with your Sales representative for details.

Re: MenuScript for Siemens NX

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In order to share customizations, you need to put them on a network drive & then define some ENVs so NX looks at that area.

I suggest you download the (ex-Rob Cohon, now Gerrit) "NXCustom" configuration files.  Unzip & I believe there are some "readme" files that explain what to do.

Note .men files can also point at journals and macros (which don't need extra licensing), although I would use a journal instead of a macro, if at all possible.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled