Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Menuscript / journal CAM

hello ,

I want to change the before action for the button :UG_CAM_ONT_TP_PARALLEL_GENERATE . I used the function ACTIONS/PRE ..... \ my_journal.vb

in my_journal.vb, I ask the question: Confirm Update?
if so, I execute if not, I want out

unfortunately for me it does not work, I have in all cases the action that execute

Can you help me?

Dim answer as string

answer= Msgbox("Confirm update ?", vbYesNo)

If answer= vbYes then
 Msgbox("Yes !")
 Else
 Exit Sub
End if

@mkn
19 REPLIES

Re: Menuscript / journal CAM

Using the PRE and POST ACTIONS will always execute the main action, since there is no way to return a value to prevent this.

You need to replace the entire main action with one of your own, so you have full control over it.

The ability to use parallel generate in NXOpen API is available at least since NX 8.5

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Stefan_Pendl wrote:

You need to replace the entire main action with one of your own, so you have full control over it.

The ability to use parallel generate in NXOpen API is available at least since NX 8.5

Too complicated for me Smiley Frustrated , have you a solution for disable this function , or hide on ONT MB3 =} parallel generate ? i don't find

I tried to change the action in the menuscript :
BUTTON UG_CAM_ONT_TP_PARALLEL_GENERATE

ACTIONS STANDARD

it's not clean !

@mkn

ACTIONS my_journal.vb

The above should do the trick.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Acctually, I believe a "PRE" action can suppress the normal dialog.

I've never done it, but look up UF_MB_CB_OVERRIDE_STANDARD in the docs.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

@mkn you cannot customize the MB3 menu in the Operation Navigator. It is a little complicated because it is context sensitive - i.e. it changes based on what is selected, and other conditions. It would be an enhancement.

Can you help us understand the justification? Why do you want to disable parallel generate? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Mark -

Note it is defined somewhere more global (operations group -> More -> Parallel generate).  So if they want the same behavior ANYWHERE, then if customized in the "master" definition, I would assume it effects everywhere that master definition is used (including MB3)

I have an issue with Parallel Generate in TC, but it is really an IR/PR (that I have NOT yet submitted, as it also deals with Moog customizations to NX & TC).

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

@Ken_A - true, the definition of a "button" is usually in only one place - the menu file:

BUTTON UG_CAM_ONT_TP_PARALLEL_GENERATE
LABEL &Parallel Generate
TOOLBAR_LABEL Parallel Generate Tool Path
RIBBON_LABEL Parallel Generate
MESSAGE Generates tool path for selected operation in the background, while the interactive session continues.
SYNONYMS concurrent, background, queue, batch
BITMAP toolpath_generate_background.bmp
ACTIONS STANDARD

If you see this in the main menu (Tools > Operation Navigator > Tool Path > Parallel Generate), or on the ribbon, or on MB3, they all point back to this single definition. So if you can affect this action, it should be valid from anywhere in the UI that triggers it.

My comments were about hiding the option from the UI. You can hide it from the main menu (change BUTTON to BUTTON/HIDE) or from the ribbon, but you cannot hide it from the context sensitive MB3 menu in the ONT.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

MarkRief wrote:

Can you help us understand the justification? Why do you want to disable parallel generate? 

Simply because this feature is not the right place(it's personal opinion). For me the fastest way to generate a operation is MB3 => generate . Sometimes I'm wrong !! and I click  parallel generate. For one is ok but when I selected more operations, that is the end!  and I have no way to stop this, I know that there is a way to limit the number of operations to generate parallel, but when the process is important calculation time is too long even if I limit the numbers of operations. In my previous question is why I asked to have a confirmation, even if I'm wrong or to disable 

my second question, if we could move but I have my answer :

@mkn you cannot customize the MB3 menu in the Operation Navigator.

I hope in a future release we can move the button Smiley Very HappyUG_CAM_ONT_TP_PARALLEL_GENERATE

@mkn

Nicolas,

I still don't understand the need to disable.

If you select Parallel Generate by mistake, you can right click again and select Stop Parallel Generate. Have you tried this?

Also, if you have multiple cores, and your operations are not IPW dependent on each other, you can use Parallel to generate several at the same time, which can be faster overall.

Are your part files extreemly large? This can cause a delay at startup as the system gets a snapshot of the part.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens