Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Methods to encrypt your dll?

So when we use NXOpen functions to develop our own .dll and release it to clients, we don't want them to be able to copy the dll from one computer to another and use them somewhere else.

We then bought the Sentinel LDK kits to protect our dll. The idea behind their method is to put an envelop in the dll needing protection and the envelop couldn't be opened unless a USB key stored with a valid licence is presented.

But this doesn't seem to work with NX.With the envelop enveloping the dll, NX will generate error message when referencing this wrapped dll, stating that "Function ufusr couldn't be found".

I would like to hear your methods to encrypt and protect your dll developed with NXOpen. 

Thanks in advance

Stephan

2 REPLIES

Re: Methods to encrypt your dll?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

On the bright side, if even NX can't read your .dll, then it is probably safe from prying eyes. Man Happy

Re: Methods to encrypt your dll?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think what you'll have to do is call a "license" function that checks if the user has the key (and the key is for your application) or contacts the network license server for the same type of info.  This function may have to reside in a separate dll.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled