Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Middle Mouse Button Click - Block UI Styler

Hello,

I would like to know how to utilize the middle mouse button in my custom visual basic DLL's. I have access to, and am familiar with, the blockstyler tool. I know that many NX dialogs (bridge curve for example) contain middle mouse button actions. These actions either apply the current dialog, OK the dialog, or proceed to the next required item within the dialog. I was wondering if it's possible to utilize the middle mouse button within dialogs, with dialog specific requirements.

For example, I have a list box block on my blockstyler UI. This list box has an add button on it. The user specifies a point in NX and then clicks the add button to save that point within the list box. Could I use the middle mouse button to trigger the add callback to function? 

Thanks,

Jgolen

NX 9.0.

NX 9

NX 9.0.3.4 MP13
VB.net
Visual Studio 2015
4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jgolen
‎08-17-2016 10:33 AM

Re: Middle Mouse Button Click - Block UI Styler

I'm pretty sure in BlockStyler the middle mouse button functionality is handled by NX and you don't have any access to capture that event for your own use.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Use the keyboard focus notify event to handle the mouse click event in block styler

Can it be identified as to which mouse button was clicked? I would need to differentiate between mouse button 1, 2, and 3.

NX 9.0.3.4 MP13
VB.net
Visual Studio 2015

The keyboard focus notify event is actually triggered when certain blocks get focus, rather than in response to a mouse click:  "This callback is used only for those blocks which allow keyboard entries, such as Integer or Double blocks. This callback is invoked when such blocks come into focus."

I do not believe we currently have a method available to assign mouse click events to certain buttons in the Block UI Styler dialog.