Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Command Dropdowns

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I just switched from NX8 to NX11 and I am trying to customize my toolbars to look more like my old ones.  I was able to set up a new tab and started dropping commands in via the "Customize-Commands".  Where I am encountering difficulty is modifying what commands are included under a drop down for specific command.  For example, in NX8, my "Offset Curve" command had a drop down menu associated with it that included "Pattern Curve".  The standard "Offset Curve" command in NX11 does not have this secondary command in its dropdown so I would like to add it.  Hopefully the images make this a bit more clear.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanksnx8 picture.pngnx11 picture.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: Modify Command Dropdowns

Pioneer
Pioneer

All of the dropdowns, gallerys, groups, etc. that come with NX are created through their own menuscript. In this case, the dropdown you have in the picture is build in <install_path>\UGII\menus\ug_insert_curve.tbr file.

Adding Pattern Curves would just require adding a single line that file with a text editor. Something like this...

BEGIN_DROPDOWN UG_CURVE_DERIVED_DROPDOWN
LABEL Derived Curve Drop-down
AS_POPUP_MENU

BUTTON UG_CURVE_OFFSET

BUTTON UG_CURVE_OFFSET_FACE

BUTTON UG_CURVE_OFFSET_3D_CURVE

BUTTON UG_SKETCH_PATTERN_CURVES
SEPARATOR ...

If you're not interesed in creating your own menuscript, this is likely the only way. On the other hand, if you are willing to dabble in menuscript, it wouldnt be difficult to copy this dropdown from theirs and make your own version so that you dont have to change their files.