Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX 10 - Siemens Documentation Server

[ Edited ]

Just started to install NX 10.

Since the documentation is now served by a server, will it be possible to have the documentation server serve the English and the German documentation?

In addition would it be possible to use the documentation server, which uses Solr, for the indexing of the reuse library?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
7 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stefan_Pendl
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: NX 10 - Siemens Documentation Server

[ Edited ]

Stefan,

I asked our system people, and they have good news:

Yes to both questions.

The new setup is designed to accommodate multiple languages, multiple updates and even multiple products at the same time from the same server.

The NX Reuse Library and it’s Solr index are already part of this release.

On a side note, I have been using the NX10 docs in a local installation, and I'm impressed with the search speed - it's much faster than what we saw before :*)

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

markrief wrote:

On a side note, I have been using the NX10 docs in a local installation, and I'm impressed with the search speed - it's much faster than what we saw before :*)

Mark,

Solr is much faster than qagent, that is why it is used for the reuse library index starting with NX9.

One question I forgot to ask: is it still possible to index additional libraries or the MoldWizard library as it is now with NX9?

Thanks for checking with development, it was not clear from the documentation what the scope of the server will be.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stefan_Pendl
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Stefan_Pendl wrote:

One question I forgot to ask: is it still possible to index additional libraries or the MoldWizard library as it is now with NX9?

According to the MoldWiard team, in NX10, Reuse Library uses same solr server as NX10 docs, MoldWizard library is part of Reuse Library, so yes, MoldWizard library or additional libraries can be indexed/searched by using NX10 docs solr server, same as NX9.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hi Mark,

thanks for taking the time to ask around, the answers are promising, so I am really looking forward to configure NX 10, after I have migrated from MTL to MRL Smiley Wink

How can I switch between different doc localisations?
ugii_lang does obviously not influence documentation language.

I think this is done through your locale settings of the browser.

Have you installed the documentation in your locale in addition to the English one?

[ Edited ]

We sat up a corporate web server along with english documentation and, at a later time, we added the german documentation to that web server.
After adding the german doc the help browser comes up with german language regardless of the nx user interface language.
On the server file system both languages exist in parallel directories ("en_us" and "german").
The browser (internet explorer) always uses german interface language according to the operating system defaults.

... You are right!

If I add english as first priority language for internet sites on preferences of Internet Explorer,

the documentation comes up in english language.

Thank You very much for this information.

Best regards,

Oliver Reymann