cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 10 VB.Net compiler

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I have looked up in the new release document of the 10.0.3 version. It tells me now the compiler for vb.net is .NET 4.5 Framework. Is that an IDE like visual studio? I tried to install it on my computer, but failed. The computer tells me it is already installed, but I couldn't find an application platform like visual studio for the .NET 4.5 Framwork. 

If it is an IDE like visual studio, where can I find it? And how to set it up with NX? How to debug an NX journal in it? I have done these in visual studio for NX 8.5.

Thanks,

Kai

6 REPLIES

Re: NX 10 VB.Net compiler

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The typical IDE would be Visual Studio 2012. Visual Studio Express will also work with some limitations.

See chapter 3 of the Getting Started with SNAP guide (https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/nx/10/nx_api/en_US/graphics/fileLibr...) for some help with Visual Studio.

Phenom
Phenom

The .NET 4.5 framework is the library of files that you need to have installed if you plan on using a .net language to program NX. If you have visual studio installed, (in your project settings) you would set it to use the 4.5 framework when compiling.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, @JimB

Thanks, @cowski1

By the way, I am working on NX Journal, not SNAP. So I have installed the Visual Studio 2012 Express. And I tried to set up the wizard as I did for NX 8.5 according to NX Open documentation. I tried to copy the folders "VB Wizard" and "VB Project" from NX into the visual studio folder, but there are no such two folders in the "Visual Studio/VB" folder. I copied the folders there anyway. Then I run my project in Visual Studio, before that I had added the NX 10 reference files and the .NET Framwork 4.5 reference files, and I got an error when I run the project. 

Reference Files.PNG

Error.PNG

Can anyone please tell me why I got this error?

Thanks,

Kai

Phenom
Phenom

The wizards don't work with VS 2012. You'll be better off starting a new project and adding the references to the NX dll's and creating a bare bones code framework. Save this project to use as a template for your future projects.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This was discussed in another thread earlier this week:

Visual Studio Express 2012 and NX connection problem

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, cowski1. I have added the references to the NX dll's, please find the picture in my last post. But I still got the error. Do you have any ideas about why there is this error?

Thanks,

Kai