Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 12: NX File->New DIalog Customization

Legend
Legend

Is there a way using NXcustom to remove unwanted tabs?

I only want to keep NXcustom, Model and Drawing.

2018-05-15.png

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX EAP
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro
9 REPLIES

Re: NX 12: NX File->New DIalog Customization

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

This is (mostly) driven off what PAX files are available (at least in past versions) (and there was at leats one tab you could not get rid of)

If you set UGII_TEMPLATE_DIR to point to a folder, and only copy the PAX files you want there, the other tabs disappear.

(you may need to copy bitmaps/etc. as well)

But I seem to recall NX12 putting the PAX files in more than one folder, so you may have to find all the PAX files, figure out what ENVs control what folders NX looks in to find them, and adjust the above accordingly.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Legend
Legend

I use NX12Custom, I removed all of the PAX files in the NXLibrary\Templates folder, but nothing changed.

I did, however, figure out how to edit the name of "My Templates" something that should draw the users attention to it 1st.

On NX11Custom I was able to just replace the default Modeling and Drafting templates with my own.

NX12Custom doesn't seem to allow that. else I just forgot what I did last time.

Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

With NX 12 more template PAX files have been moved to the application folders, like MACH, etc.

I would suggest that you use the variable UGII_TEMPLATE_DIR to point to a folder that only contains the PAX files you use. Set the variable in the ugii_env.dat shipping with NX custom.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Legend
Legend

Thanks!

In the README Templates.txt, I didn't realize you could do both methods. Much cleaner. DMU is still there, I don't even know what DMU is...

2018-05-18.png

I assume DMU is for the Deckel-Maho machines of the single machine bundle.

Have you copied the entire MACH folder or only the resource folder? The manufacturing template PAX files are now part of the MACH folder.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4

Legend
Legend

I don't use NX for machining at all, what I did was zip up all of the default PAX and prt templates in the N:\NX120custom\NX120library\Templates folder, then deleted the original files.

I put my stuff in the N:\NX120custom\NX120library\Templates\Startup

I searched for DMU and PAX in NXcustom and I don't find anything. When I search the NX12 install path there DMU related Pax files there.

I don't want to mess with the base install, so the DMU tab will just have to hang out. Theres nothing in it .

Legend
Legend
Figured out what DMU is.

Digital mock up
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12.0.1/nx_help/#uid:xid1390199

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Hi guys
In pre-NX 12 I've always shared a folder with drafting and model templates for companies that use more than one NX license using the variable UGII_TEMPLATE_DIR, but now this variable is not working on NX 12. You wrote that you did the same procedure which I use, but here it is not working. I have seen in the first image that R_Newcomb can configure it. How was it possible? Could you give me a tip?

Is there a simple procedure as a variable that shows only the tabs you want to display? You now have several .pax files in different directories.
André Luiz Fadanelli
PreSales Solutions Consultant

Siemens Industry Software Ltda.
Av. Carlos Gomes, 651, sala 401 - CEP 90480-003
Porto Alegre, RS - Brazil
Tel : +55 (51) 3328-1085
Fax: +55 (51) 3328-1085
Cel: +55 (51) 9722-0870
andre.fadanell@siemens.com
www.siemens.com/plm

@wufchv wrote:

Is there a simple procedure as a variable that shows only the tabs you want to display? You now have several .pax files in different directories.

If you don't like a tab, remove the corresponding PAX file. There was never another option.

Would be a candidate for an ER ;-)