cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX 7.5 API Help CHM File

Builder
Builder

Hi,

Where can i find the NX 7.5 JAVA API help file (.chm file) ?

Regards,
Santosh
8 REPLIES

Re: NX 7.5 API Help CHM File

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have you installed all components of the NX documentation?

I seem to remember, that the API help is not installed if not all components are selected during installation.

From the NX help you select the NXOpen reference, where you will find the sections for the various development languages.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Builder
Builder

Yes, I have installed all the documentation. I can see the JAVA API help. But where can i find the chm file?

And also..

How to get started with NX Open Java. Like creating Menu's, actions, handlers with respect to NX running session. A simple button on menu and when clicked some action to happen. Any link would really help me get started.

Regards,
Santosh

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

From the main help page, navigate to Automation, NX Open, Open for .NET, NX Open for .NET Reference Guide:

TOC1.png

Read the restrictions on the subsequent page (.chm file can only be opened locally. If help is installed on a server, you need to save the file to your machine when you click the link.):

TOC2.png

If you can't find it on your system, you can always access it on the GTAC website:

https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/nx.shtml

Siemens Phenom

I don't think the Java docs are supplied in CHM format; it's all HTML. Only the .NET API docs are supplied in CHM format.

I don't have NX7.5 any more, but on my system the Java HTML files are in C:\Program Files\Siemens\PLM Documentation Server\Collections\nx\10\nx_api\en_US\custom\open_java_ref. The documentation server wasn't used in NX7.5, so that part of the path is wrong for you. Start in the top-level NX folder, and search for nx_api. That should get you there.

山田
yamada

Builder
Builder

Hi Yamada,

Thank you, As you said, CHM is not available. I can access the HTML help and also the help available online.

Is there any link which shows on how to get started with NX programming, videos or documentation. Like creating menus, buttons, etc.

Regards,
Santosh

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Menus are added using the menuscript language, see the NX documentation.

Dialogs are best created using the block styler a separate license, see the NX documentation.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Siemens Phenom

I usually recommend the "Getting Started with SNAP" guide for complete beginners. It only covers the VB language, but if you have Java experience then translating should not be too difficult. The NX/Open functions for creating NX block-based dialogs are fairly similar in SNAP and NX/Open, so learning about SNAP will help you learn about NX/Open.

The NX/Open Programmers Guide tells you how to assign new functions to menus and toolbars. You use MenuScript, as Stefan told you. Have you looked at that?

Beyond that, the best places to look for example code are:

• There are some examples in the folder
    […NX]\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\Java. Here  […NX] denotes the folder where the latest release of NX is installed, which is typically C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10, or something similar.
  • The GTAC web page has a large collection of example programs that you can search through to find useful code. Log in with your webkey username and password. From the main menu choose “Symptom/Solution Information Query”, and then “Search Solution Center”. Enter a search string that includes a phrase like “sample program”, and click on the “Search” button. A list of results will appear, which you can filter by document type, software product, and publish date. Set the document type filter to “nx_api” to find sample programs, and filter further by programming language if you want to.

山田
yamada

Builder
Builder
Thank you for guidance.

Regards,
Santosh
(+91-9740 821 715)

(Sent from OnePlusOne-Cyanogen)
Regards,
Santosh