Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NX CAM C++

Hello World,

Please help. I'm trying to change the Y OFFSET to negative value in the Tracking Points tab in the turn tool. I'm updating the codes written from NX4 to NX7.5. In NX4, I used the following codes to set he Y OFFSET:

UF_PARAM_ask_double_value(list3[k],UF_PARAM_TL_Y_OFFSET,&y_offset);

offset = abs(y_offset) * (-1);

UF_PARAM_set_int_value (tool_tag, UF_PARAM_TL_Y_OFFSET_TOG, 1);

UF_PARAM_set_double_value(tool_tag,UF_PARAM_TL_Y_OFFSET,offset );

But these codes are not working in NX7.5. When I executed the .DLL, the Tracking Point tab still show the positive value but when I do an information on the tool, it shown that the value changed to negative. Does anyone else has the same problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Bibon

6 REPLIES

Re: NX CAM C++

As turning tools can have multiple multiple tracking points, I'm guessing you need some way to specify WHICH tracking point you are setting.

As I'm at home right now (you may have heard we got a little snow here in Buffalo ;-), I don't have access to the docs, but you'll need to see if there is some way to get from the tool (itself) to a list/array of tracking points, then set the value for the tag of the tracking point.

Not sure if this exists in NX7.5, and if it does, I'd guess it is part of the "common API" code rather than "legacy API" code.

Hope this helps...Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Ken, thank you replied to my post. I'm stil struggling with setting this YOFF. I tried every thing there is in the uf_cutter.h but still couldn't set this YOFF right.Do you have any example for me to look at? Or you can tell me which function to ask for the Tracking Points parameter and which to set those parameters. I've been set those manually for each tool, and finish about 20 files but thousand more to do. We jumped from NX4 to NX7.5 and there are many changes, and on to that we imported tools built from TDM, there for all those value were changed. I asked for that tag but not sure if I use the right index. I tried the journal but lost in those codes, i'm knida old legacy guy.

Thank You.

Bibon

I don't know what it is.  Never had to deal with it.

Have you tried recording a journal to see if it has anything?

Note you can record (but not play back) a C++ journal.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bibon
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Have you looked in the Programming Tools docs? They should be installed with the regular help, as long as the checkbos for programming tools is selected. I found "NXOpen::CAM::ToolTrackingPointBuilder" but I'm not sure on the details.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Hello World,

Thank you all for replied with many tips. Look like my problem going to be a long process. I just found out that I can't edit tools parameters because those tools were imported from TDM (Tools Data Management) and they all in tools Library. I have to make changes in TDM then change codes to update from libray.

Thank You all,

Bibon

Does the TDM system have tracking point data?

In the NX library system, you may want to take a look at mach\resource\library\tool\metric\trackpoint_database.dat to see what parameters can be defined in an external library.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens