cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Crashes immediately after user Clicks UserDefinedObjectFeature from the Navigation Panel

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have created a tool with UserDefinedObjectFeature and linked everything properly. But I have a situation where NX crashes suddenly without any warning thus the work done. 

Sitution :- User is supposed to have my Dll tool loaded up in the NXsession in order to handle the Edit Event of the UserDefinedObjectFeature from the navigation panel but if User Doesn't have the Dll Loaded up the NX crashes suddenly. 

I don't think I can handle from my side at that point. The NX should handle this error and should not crash.

Same situation can also occur when USER unknowingly clicks the UDO Feature without knowing anything. So NX should popup a msg at the time of loading of the Part with UDO that USER should have DLL loaded to avoid issues.

Please suggest, if some work around is possible.

Thanks

Gunjeet

3 REPLIES

Re: NX Crashes immediately after user Clicks UserDefinedObjectFeature from the Navigation Panel

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In general, the UDO code should be loaded at startup (put the dll in the appropriate \udo\ or \startup\ folder under UGII_SITE_DIR, (or UGII_GROUP_DIR or UGII_USER_DIR or any folder listed in the custom directories file or whatever)

Note this might require you to split your code into 2 parts - the interactive part & that "background" part.  (but it's been a long time since I've done UDOs so I might be a bit out of date)

There should be an article in the "solutions" database with UDO examples - see if you can find one close to what you are doing & play with it a bit.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Re: NX Crashes immediately after user Clicks UserDefinedObjectFeature from the Navigation Panel

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks a lot Ken_A

You are right. I have implemented it in the same way as splitting my code as startup handling the events and the other one.

But the clients are worrying that, if they transfer the Geometry Model to some other person not having the startup DLL loaded then atleast the NX should not crash.

I know, I am asking indirectly Siemens(NX) to help in this situation. Just i wanted to give it a try to get any workaround with this problem if possible.

Can you help me with one more problem regarding UDO Edit event that i have mentioned in my another discussion. 

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Programming-Customization/User-defined-Object-Edi...

Thanks once again

Gunjeet

Gunjeet wrote:

I know, I am asking indirectly Siemens(NX) to help in this situation. Just i wanted to give it a try to get any workaround with this problem if possible.

@Gunjeet, have you asked us directly? Please log a call with GTAC on this, so that the people responsible for this part of the product will be aware of your issue. It's not a PR, then it is at least an ER.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens