cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Open Guide 10.0

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, I looked for the guide for NX open for my version of NX (10.0), but I can't find it. 

I am currently using 9.0 guide, but I can't find some properties that I am currently using (and obtained by the Journal, e.g. commands to perform primitives detection on a STL - CreateDetectPrimitivesBuilder) 

Am I doing something wrong? 

10 REPLIES

Re: NX Open Guide 10.0

Phenom
Phenom

Pioneer
Pioneer

If I try to use the guide that i installed, I find the same download of the 9.0 CHM file. That is very useful, but I am not sure that is 100% accurate using NX10.0.

Also at your link i find the same download. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The NX 10 documentation was shipping with the NX 9 API reference, there is a SFB available that tells you where to get the NX 10 API reference.

I can't find the download anymore, sorry :'(

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Pioneer
Pioneer

Ok, thanks. I'll look for it. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I found it after checking my PR against the problem.

See NX10 NET Reference at the solution center.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

For .NET, the best reference is always the Object Browser in Visual Studio. It is always up to date as it is generated directly from the NXOpen .dll files.

Phenom
Phenom

"NX Open for .NET Reference Guide" not mentioned in original post.

Sorry for leading you astray

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

JimB wrote:

For .NET, the best reference is always the Object Browser in Visual Studio. It is always up to date as it is generated directly from the NXOpen .dll files.

I don't think the object browser includes the remarks section of the methods and classes, which give additional information about how to create various objects that you can't use directly.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Slightly off topic, but related ...

For SNAP, the Vis Studio Object Browser is definitely not the best source of help. As someone else mentioned, the Object Browser doesn't show you the "Remarks" section, or the Exceptions section, or pictures (if any), or the example code. Better to use the CHM file. It's generated from the source code, too, so it should be up to date, provided the right version gets shipped.

山田
yamada