cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Open - Revolve a tagged 2D-Mesh

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello together!Smiley Happy
I'm relatively new to NX open, I've only gathered some experiences with NX journaling.

For my current problem, it seems that NX Journalling is not a good approach anymore Smiley Sad

Description of my problem:
I have a Sheet body (let's take a simple rectangle) which has been meshed with CQUAD4 Elements.

This is the startpoint. I tagged this face with "FACE123"

Now, i want to revolve that 2D mesh to get a axisymmetric 3D mesh (cylinder).

Further settings could be: number of elements along circumference, axis of rotation

Is it possible to write a script, that revolves all tagged meshes (FACEA,FACEB..etc) or that revolves all meshes in collector a-z etc. I noticed that NX journal recognises the face tag when selecting mesh (meshManager1.FindObject("Mesh[FACE123_MESH]")).

Could you please help me here? I would be really thankful.

regards

benny

Edit#1:
I've found a way to journal it in a relatively short form. Unfortunately, I still do not know how to cycle through all faces or use all existing element faces for the revolving process.

2 REPLIES

Re: NX Open - Revolve a tagged 2D-Mesh

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Heres an example to use as a starting point

Re: NX Open - Revolve a tagged 2D-Mesh

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you very very much Jim. That is definitely a good starting point. 

I really appreciate it and like the coding style. Clean and Easy to understand.

Tomorrow I will try to understand that script and to adapt it to multiply faces. Somehow the code seems to get a list ([].append) out of it, but on the other hand the faceName is given in the revolveMesh method.

Thank youSmiley Happy