cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX10 Roles tab missing

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just installed NX10 and I'm trying to setup our company roles but I cant find the roles tab per these NX10 help directions. Step 3 is what I cant find. This tab has been in prior releases until 10.

Thanks,

Eddie

role_help.JPG

6 REPLIES

Re: NX10 Roles tab missing

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I always found it easier to use the context menu of the resource bar, since you don't have to go through so many mouse clicks.

From the context menu (right mouse button) of the roles panel of the resource bar select New User Role Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thats the route I ended up using but its not how the help says to do it. Also that way does not allow you to load a previously saved role unless I'm overlooking it.

Help directions for loading a role

load role.JPG

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I am always saving my site-wide roles into the %UGII_SITE_DIR%\startup\roles or any other startup\roles directory of custom_dirs.dat, group- or department-wide roles go into the %UGII_GROUP_DIR%\startup\roles directory.

%UGII_USER_DIR% points to a server share and holds the settings for each user in a separate folder structure.

If I like to change a site or group role, I use a copy in my user roles and copy the file over afterwards.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I think what you are looking for has moved to Preferences > User Interface > Roles:  

preferences_ui_roles.jpg

Please log a call with GTAC on this - it could be that the help was not updated.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes thats it! Thank you!

Experimenter
Experimenter

The instructions are misleading for which "customize" you use. I found that if you open the roles tab in the resource bar and then right click>customize you then can choose the hammer/wrench icon (tab) to add a network folder to store roles in.  DO NOT right click>customize in the Ribbon Bar. That gives you a completely different customize window.