cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX110Custom column config

Phenom
Phenom

@Gerrit Just tried the column configuration, and it works fine when we use native, but it does not when we use managed mode.  Is that to be expected?

A bit more info.  I have this set in NX110common.bat when launching Native:

set NX_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR=\\NCENTFILSRV02\NX_Files\NX\CustomerDefaults\%NX_NUMBER%\Users

I have this set in TC_NX110TCIN.bat  when launching managed mode:

set NX_USER_DEFAULTS_DIR=\\NCENTFILSRV02\NX_Files\NX\CustomerDefaults\%NX_NUMBER%\Tc\Users

From native, I get the dos screen telling the user what is going on, and the backups are made.  This does NOT happen when I launch in managed mode.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
5 REPLIES

Re: NX110Custom column config

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Helllo Dave,

In principle it installes the Native and Managed column configuration directly during the first native or managed startup.

However, you need to save a seperate Column configuration for managed mode.

It is a different registry file and needs to be configured manually first in the managed environment and then saved with the correct script.

When your managed environment is also using the NX110common.bat file, it should be able to install that managed config also.

If you ran the "Save_Assembly_Navigator_Settings.bat" script to save the settings you should also have a file called "NX_ANAV_COLS_MANAGED.reg" in the folder. Otherwise the script should have told you that it could not find the Managed configuration to export.

The fact you have changed the should not have any effect on the scripts unless you change is after calling the NX110common.bat file.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Phenom
Phenom

I do have the "NX_ANAV_COLS_MANAGED.reg" file.

I *think* the issue is in your statement "When your managed environment is also using the NX110common.bat file, it should be able to install that managed config also."

I see where NX110.bat calls NX110common.bat, but which managed file calls, or can call it?  As it appears to me, our managed mode setup, is not using NX110common.bat

-Dave

Phenom
Phenom

Found it, I added:

:: Common settings for all NX and PTS sessions
Call "%NX_CUSTOM_LIB%\%NX_NUMBER%common.bat"

to lines 35 and 36 of TcNX110TCIN.bat

Thanks @Gerrit

-Dave

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@DaveK

I see the Managed scripts needs some update.

The intention is to have all implementations of NXcustom to call the NX110common.bat file.

This sets all the central settings that are required for NX, regardless of the environment used.

I am glad you found it.

I will create an update soon.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Phenom
Phenom

Sounds like a great plan!!

Thanks for all the work Gerritt!

-Dave