cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 NXFileNewDialogTabOrder.dat & NXcustom environment

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

NX9 has a new file in the UGII folder called NXFileNewDialogTabOrder.dat where you can control the order of the tabs on your File New dialog. I've played with it a bit and it's interesting. I can suppress tabs just by removing the names from the list. Easy.

I don't see this file in the NXCustom environment for NX9 (I have RevE currently). 

I also don't see this called out in the log file. 

If I want everyone in the company to use the same NXFileNewDialogTabOrder.dat file, can I comment this in the env.dat file? If so, how do I call NXFileNewDialogTabOrder.dat in an enterprise environment?

Thanks, 

Matt

3 REPLIES

Re: NX9 NXFileNewDialogTabOrder.dat & NXcustom environment

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello Matt,

This file is not intended to be edited by users. It is therefore not controlled by an environment variable and not documented in the NX Documentation.

Edits in this file might lead to unpredictable and possible fatal consequences.

The fact this file is readable does not necessarily means that it is to be edited by users. I therefore strongly want to discourage you to edit this file.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Gerrit -

Are there any plans to make this file (or an equivalent mechanism) available to us for site-wide customization?

This (tab order on File -> New) IS something I feel we (system admins) should be able to control...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello Ken,

So far i am not aware of any plans for the requested functionality.

I can understand your requirement and therefore i would advise you to generate an Enhancement Request for this functionality.

Additional from the documentation:
If there are multiple PAX files for an application, their corresponding tabs appear in the File tab→New dialog box in the alphabetical order of the PAX file names. The order of the applications is always fixed. That is, all Modeling tabs will appear first followed by all Drawing tabs, and so on.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn