cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX9 SNAP and NET 4.5

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

couple months ago i created DLL using UIstyler, NXopen and SNAP (NX 8.5). Then i started to test scripts with NX 9.0 and get an error:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Snap.NX.NXObject Snap.NX.NXObject.op_Implicit(NXOpen.TaggedObject)'.

I open source code with VB Express and get this warning:

\The primary reference "Snap, Version=8.5.1.1, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0".

I try to run source code from NX Journal Editor and it works fine.

can anyone tell me what's the problem?

--
regards
dj
2 REPLIES

Re: NX9 SNAP and NET 4.5

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It looks like your NX9 project still has a reference to the NX8.5 .DLL.

If you did not start a new project using the NX9 wizard - that is you brought your old 8.5 project forward - then you will need to remove the References in the project and add new References to the NX9 .DLL's.

You will want to find the ...ugii\managed folder in your NX9 installation, and add the four NXOpen*.dll's, as well as the Snap.dll.

Re: NX9 SNAP and NET 4.5

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I just read your note again, and realized that it is telling you that your project is targeted for .Net 4.

To change that, select Project from the main menu bar in the Studio, then [ your project name ] Properties - it should be at the bottom of the list.  Look for "Target framework", and set it to 4.5.

Sorry that I missed that on the first reading.