cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXObject(Thicken) Linked with the UserDefinedObject(Suppose Solid Tube) leads to deletion on Update.

Creator
Creator

NXObject(Thicken) Linked with the UserDefinedObject(Suppose Solid Tube) on Update of "UDO",NX Object is getting deleted. 

Is there any possible way preventing deletion of NXObject(i.e. Thicken Feature) associated with my created Object.

Thanks for help in Advance. 

3 REPLIES

Re: NXObject(Thicken) Linked with the UserDefinedObject(Suppose Solid Tube) leads to deletion on Upd

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

How does the code work when the UDO is updated?

If the code "deletes & re-creates", it could be that (as the original geometry the Thicken depends on) is gone, it gets deleted.

If the UDO "edits in place" (e.g. just changine expression values), then the thicken would remain?

When the UDO updates & Thicked goes away, is there anything in the NX log file that might point to what is happenning?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Re: NXObject(Thicken) Linked with the UserDefinedObject(Suppose Solid Tube) leads to deletion on Upd

Creator
Creator

If the code "deletes & re-creates", it could be that (as the original geometry the Thicken depends on) is gone, it gets deleted.

Yes, we are deleting the feature & re-creating the same.

As Parent on which  it's dependent is deleted the Thicken is lost.

& Sorry, but I am confused about the NX log file . where can i find it.

What should i do to link that "Thicken" feature with newly created feature?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

NX log file: Help -> Log file

Not sure about re-parenting

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled