Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NXOpen API has XML file operations (created, edit ) methodes or functions

Hello,

I am exploring the options  does NX Open API toolkit does has XML parsing methoes with in the capability or we need to depend on external tools to plugin into NX Development code.

.NET C# or VB has the framework capability from Microsoft with in the OOTB.

What about the C++?

regards,

kishore

3 REPLIES

Re: NXOpen API has XML file operations (created, edit ) methodes or functions

NXOpen API only covers NX related features, anything that is freely available for your development language or is part of it, is not duplicated in NXOpen and will never be.

(Never invent the wheel twice, but focus on the important things)

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: NXOpen API has XML file operations (created, edit ) methodes or functions

You have to rely on external tools, NXOpen does not have anything 'built-in'.
I'm using Java and there are numerous tools for it in that environment, but for C++ I have no idea, I'll have to let someone else answer that.
Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Betreff: NXOpen API has XML file operations (created, edit ) methodes or functions

[ Edited ]

The NX installation comes with the very good free Xerces XML library (dll in UGII or respectively in NXBIN), but since there are are no headers and libs it may be easier to build your own version from scratch.

For simple parse/edit tasks Xerces may be somewhat more complicated to use than the .net or java framework xml libraries but Xerces is powerfull and mature.

Regards

Jan

Jan Böttcher