cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXOpen Alert Dialog Box

Experimenter
Experimenter

Anyone find a way of creating the Alert dialog box through the NXOpen API?

An example: Open the Edge Blend dialog and enter a value of 0.0 in the radius input box. An Alert dialog will appear informing the user of an invalid value. I would like to implement the same solution programatically.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES

Re: NXOpen Alert Dialog Box

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

These are not currently exposed through the NX Open API. You can use a NXMessageBox, but these do require user action to cancel.

You can contact GTAC to file an enhancement request to expose alert box functionality in the API.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you use a block styler dialog and specify limits for the entry box, you will get this alert box automatically.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to verify with the community before moving forward on the request.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks, Stefan. I was interested in using an Alert to provide feedback on a String. My assumption is that limits only work for doubles, ints, etc?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The string block has only a length limit, so I think you do not like to check length of the string.

The string block can have the list type, so the user can only select from a given set of options.

You can set the list content at runtime, if it is depending on the part file.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community