cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXOpen: use Curve Selection from Extrude independently?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone! 

Despite a couple years of NXOpen adventures (struggles?! ;-), this is my first post here.

There are two features of the section curve selection in the "Extrude" dialog on NX 8.5 that I think are swell: "Stop at Intersection" and "Path Selection." I'd love to use these to help our drafters pick a contour out of an otherwise very messy set of lines. I don't need the extrude feature, however. I've tried to illustrate the part of the process I'm talking about in the attached screen snippets.

I've been poking around SelectionManager, SectionCurveBuilder, etc hoping I'd be able to set this functionality as some sort of scope or filter. But in the end I'm having very little luck! 

Anyone here have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Nick Spitzer

Zurich, Switzerland

2 REPLIES

Re: NXOpen: use Curve Selection from Extrude independently?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Nick,

In the block UI Styler application, one of the selection tools is called the CurveCollector.  The Stop at Intersection option is however not available with this tool.  Here is what the docs show:

The Curve Collector block is used to select one or more curves, including a chain of end-connected curves via selection intent. Curve selection intent is used in this block but it does not support the SI rule options Stop at Intersection, Follow Fillet, Chain Between, and Chain within Feature.

The object types selectable by this block are:

• Curve

• Edge

• Point (Snap points)

The curve selection intent rules applicable to the block are listed below.

• Any Curve

• Body Edges

• Boundary Edges

• Connected Curves

• Face Edges

• Feature Curves

• Feature Points

• Region Boundaries

• Single Curve

• Tangent Curves

• Vertex Edges

• Vertex Tangent Edges

Now for some better news:  There is another block called Section Builder that looks like it might do what you want:

The Section Builder block provides a control to input a curve selection to the command. Curve selection intent (SI) is used in this block and it also includes the SI rule options Stop at Intersection, Follow Fillet, Chain Between, and Chain within Feature.

For full details, see the BLock UI Styler docs, Blocks -> Selection -> Section Builder.

Regards,

Steve

Re: NXOpen: use Curve Selection from Extrude independently?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Steve,

Thanks very much for the response. With the holiday season and new year I'm just getting around to trying out your suggestions.

The UI blocks work perfectly. I've ended up using the Super Section block which gives us the functionality we're looking for. I hadn't experimented with the UI Styler yet.. I think we'll be able to utilize it quite a bit in the future!

Thanks again,

Warm regards,

Nick