Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

NXcustom for 11 questions

We are running 4-tier Teamcenter.  First in the startup dos window I get a message about NTIER_ARG.  Should I be concerned?

DosWindow.jpg

Second, I have our custom File new templates working, except I am still getting one OOTB manufacturing template.  Where is this coming from?  It's not in ...NX110library\Templates\startup

Manuf_Tab.jpg

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
7 REPLIES

Re: NXcustom for 11 questions

From @Gerrit 's readme:

The following line in NX110custom\NX110library\custom_dirs.dat points to the Templates\startup folder.

$NX_CUSTOM_LIB\Templates

In this case you only need to place your custom pax files there. All other default Pax fiiles are
read from several OOTB ${UGII_BASE_DIR}\xxxx\Templates folders.

What if I don't want any other OOTB template files loaded?  do we have to remove them from every install of NX11?

-Dave
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveK
‎09-16-2016 01:15 PM

In your custom folder, the contents of your pax file should be merged with the OOTB pax file.

If a pax file with the OOTB name is found in your custom folder, it should REPLACE the OOTB.

Try placing a pax file with no entries (almost empty) named ugs_manufacturing_templates.pax (native) or nxdm_ugs_manufacturing_templates.pax (TC) in your custom folder along with your pax files.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens
Solution
Solution
‎09-16-2016 01:15 PM

Hello Dave,

At this moment i cannot say if the missing NTIER_ARG is an issue.

I would need log files to see that.
If your Managed session is running without problems it should be fine.

Regarding your templates.

You can still use the mechanism where the Templates folder is explicitely defined.

That is the alternate (less preferred) option. You can find how to set that in the readme.

When using the method you have now, you should not start deleting files from the installation (it is not done to edit the install Smiley Happy )

As Mark already states, you can also make copies from the OOTB manufacturing Pax file and remove all the entires from there, and put that in the startup folder. When done correectly you will see that the Manufacturing tab will dissapear.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

OK, I'll ignore the NTIER_ARG for now.

As for the templates, since we have to CAM template tabs, one for each facility, I renamed one to the OOTB name, and all is well!!

Thanks!!

-Dave

I get the same NTIER_ARG error , i know where this env is set but havnt run down the problem yet

Solution
Solution
‎09-19-2016 08:01 AM

I located the issue for the missing NTIER_ARG.

This variable is only set in the script that is run from the Rich Client.

You can indeed ignore the error.

To get rid of the message, you just add:

set NTIER_ARG=4-tier

to the "Tc_NX110Manager.bat"

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

If you are running a 2-tier session, then the setting is wrong.

One needs to set this to the correct value.

In addition this is never set for 2-tier sessions.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community