Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXcustom for 1847

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I know 1847 was just released @GerritKoelewijn , but I was curious if you had any thoughts on its evolvment now, with NX being a continious release product now?

Have you had much time to experiment yet?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10
10 REPLIES 10

Re: NXcustom for 1847

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

NXcustom for NX1847 is on its way. 

I am still doing some tests on the final version.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn
Highlighted

Re: NXcustom for 1847

Phenom
Phenom

Look forward to see how this will work. Thanks

Re: NXcustom for 12.0.2.9

PLM World Member Pioneer PLM World Member Pioneer
PLM World Member Pioneer

loaded version 12.0.2.9 and when opens a file in manufacturing i get a invalid configuration file error

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Look in the NX syslog file (File -> Help -> Log file)

Near the end, there should be a message about which file is causing the issue

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
@graiglew

Has it worked before?
One of the reasons that i can think of is the new support for multi-tools.
As Ken Akerboom already mentioned, the logfile should point you in the right direction.
Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

PLM World Member Pioneer

Yes fixed it.thanks a Ken and Gerrit.  Now the problem is it's pulling the template files from ootb and not my customized templates.( when i go to window-change displayed part it shows the mill_contour.prt file rather than the modified .prt template not sure which file to change to point to it.

thanks for the help also

what are the ENV variable settings for UGII_CAM_CONFIG_DIR (and the other UGII_CAM_* ones that point to the mach\resource tree)?

In your NX session: File -> Help -> Log file

search for "UGII_CAM_"

If they are not pointing the correct place, then it's an issue with how NX is started (.BAT or ENV.dat file or ...)

If they are pointing the corretc places, then it's something in the files themselves

PLM World Member Pioneer

ken

this is what i found

UGII_CAM_AUXILIARY_DIR C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 12.0\mach\auxiliary\

UGII_CAM_BASE_DIR C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 12.0\mach\

UGII_CAM_BATCH_DIR C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 12.0\mach\auxiliary\batch\

UGII_CAM_CONFIG C:\nx12user1\NX120custom\NX120library\CAMresource\configuration\cam_general.dat

UGII_CAM_CONFIG_DIR C:\nx12user1\NX120custom\NX120library\CAMresource\configuration\

UGII_CAM_CUSTOM_DIR C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 12.0\mach\custom\

UGII_CAM_DEBUG_DIR C:\nx12user1\NX120custom\NX120library\CAMresource\debug\

UGII_CAM_DEFAULT_TYPE_TEMPLATE C:\nx12user1\NX120custom\NX120library\CAMresource\template_set\cam_general.opt

UGII_CAM_FEATURE_DATA_DIR C:\nx12user1\NX120custom\NX120library\CAMresource\feature\

UGII_CAM_FEATURE_DATA_ENGLISH_DIR C:\nx12user1\NX120custom\NX120library\CAMresource\feature\english\

OK, assuming C:\nx12user1\NX120custom is where your customizations are at, the ENVs are pointing at the right place.

If you are upgrading from an older version, have you copied your custom files from the existing version to the new custom folder tree (C:\nx12user1\NX120custom\...)?  I'm assuming from the error you initiall encountered that you did, but I may be wrong.

If you did:

In general, you want to start

1) in UGII_CAM_CONFIG_DIR, what configurtaion file (.dat) are you using - is that the correct one?
    Does it have hard coded paths to files ("C:\...") , or does it use the ENVs ("${UGII_CAM_...}").

2) Look at the files it points to.  If you are concerned about the list of operation templates you are seeing, look at the setting for "TEMPLATE_OPERATION" - it should point to an OPT file - is that the correct OPT file?

3) Look at the .OPT file - is it pointing a "standard" set of operation template parts, or your custom ones?

Note the part files it points to are regular part files, so you can open them & look to see if they have the proper contents

4) Keep going thru the others until you figure out the issue.

Typing this, I'm wondering....

When you modify the template files from Siemens, did you keep the name the same, or did you rename your part files?

I.e. is your modified file still named "mill_contour.prt", or did you rename it "craig_mill_contour.prt" (and point the .OPT file at "craig_mill_contour.prt")

If you used the OOTB file name, NX could be finding a file in the ...\MACH\updates\template_part\... of the INSTALL folder (e.g. ...\MACH\updates\template_part\english\mill-contour.prt)

see : https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?dt=&rows=20&sort=desc&ds=&de=&q=m...

To turn this off, there is a customer default (something like "Use Latest Updated Templates").  Try turning that off, then restarting your NX session, and see if you are pointing at your modified files.