Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NXcustom for NX (base version 1847)

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi,

I found this in the NX-syslog when testing the new NX Custom in preparation for a migration from NX9.

Visual Reporting environment variable UGII_VISUAL_REPORTING_USER_DIR is obsolete, instead it uses NXVISUALREPORTING_USER_DIR.

So I think NX_env.dat needs an update.

/Mattias

NX5 -> NX(1847)
I-Deas Master Series 4 -> NX I-Deas 6.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am having an issue launching multiple instances/sessions of NX using NXCustom. Running ugraf.exe directly I can open multiple instances without a problem, but when using NXCustom the second instance launch causes both instances to stop responding.

I edited the NX1847.bat file in an effort to allow multiple sessions, have I made a mistake editing or are there additional changes I must make?

multi-session.png

NX 1855.2900 on Windows 10 v1809

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@avantmfg 

The edit you made at the bottom of the batch file is correct. 

I presume your NXcustom is running from a drive letter, since you are using the RevA where the pushd and popd are beeing used.

I presume that command boxes of both sessions show the same values for the variables?

Otherwise you might want to download RevB and only overwrite the scripts from the NXstartup folder into your environment. 

With my old  RevA version and your edits, I can start 2 sessions (with already a 3rd already running in the background) and none of the NX sessions are hanging in my case. 

At the moment i cannot think of any reason that might cause the sessions to hang. 

Did you make other changes?

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Siemens Phenom

@mattias_naslund 

Thanks.

I will correct this in the next release. 

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Siemens Phenom

@Ondra 

Thanks for this feedback. 

Looking into the history, the old "Bounding Block" vb script was introduced a long time ago before the functio existed in NX Modeling.

In NX11 the new "Bounding Body" was introduced in the CAM environment and therefore the entry NX_RBN_CAM_GEOMETRY_BASIC_DROPDOWN became obsolete.

The NX_RBN_CAM_GEOMETRY_CURVE_DROPDOWN is obsolete also, since it not being used in the CAM ribbon anymore.

Unless you are using the menu entries elsewere you might consider to remove the entire \ToolBars\application\profiles\UG_APP_MANUFACTURING\rbn_manufacturing_geometry.grb file

I will review this entire menu customization to see if all what is in there, is still valid, and will update this in the next release. 

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@GerritKoelewijn 

I do run NXCustom from a mapped network drive, yes.

I replaced the batch files in the startup folder with RevB and still the same result.

I had a hunch which turned out to be correct. It wasn't a problem with NXCustom at all! As it turns out, launching an additional instance of NX where the navigator is docked onto a second montior is what caused the issue (I keep my navigator on a second display stretched to about 3/4 of the the display's width). My preferences to do that stay saved with NXCustom, but when I launched ugraf.exe directly, it opened with the default position of the navigator and opening a second instance caused no harm.

Launching from the NX1847.bat, I toggled the navigator to "display on left" like the default, then proceeded to launch another instance using NX1847.bat and there was no problem! I think the second instance attempting to squeeze another navigator onto the second display caused an issue it couldn't resolve.

Highlighted

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Instead of using "dock on second monitor", which doesn't allow access to underlying windows, use "overlap on second monitor", which allows access to underlying windows.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Stefan_Pendl 

Thank you! This is much better =)

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

I was able to manage (plus or minus) your tool until NX12

We are scheduling to go to NX1847

First try on this version end in some errors. See picture please

Anyway NX OOTB is working

I'm not a software or developer person so there are limited capacities here. 

Also if I remove the file NX_env_routing.dat the errors moves to the NX_env.dat file.

If I remove NX_env.dat also, NX when start an run but...

I'm not interested so much to routing variables because we have not any licenses for that but I think NX_env is usefull

Did you alredy meet (and resolve) this error? 

Fabio
I use NX18xx with Gerrit Koelewijn configuration utilities. Thanks to Rob Cohon.

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

I dont' know If it is better to edit my previous post or reply to the forum. Sorry about that

Anyway I'm still investigating my problem and I'm here again to add some information if someone can help.

I'm pretty sure I' have edit the NX_env.dat to point the directory (test) C:\NXcustom0\NX1847library\Moldwizard

# Wizard Environment Variables
MOLDWIZARD_DIR=${NXCUSTOM_LIB}\MoldWizard
# PDIEWIZARD_DIR=${UGII_BASE_DIR}\pdiewizard

When start NX and check the log file that directory is correctly set but I see also

Using moldwizard_env.dat file from C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX1847\MOLDWIZARD\manifest\moldwizard_env.dat

[4] ELECTRODE_DESIGN_DIR C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX1847\moldwizard\electrode

[35] MOLDWIZARD_APP_DIR C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX1847\moldwizard
[38] MOLDWIZARD_DIR C:\NXcustom0\NX1847library\MoldWizard
[4] MOLDWIZARD_LIB_DIR C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX1847\moldwizard

Is this as designed?

Thank you

Fabio
I use NX18xx with Gerrit Koelewijn configuration utilities. Thanks to Rob Cohon.