Legend
Legend

Im just having an off week.

I copied the mach directory instead of just the resource >.<

NX11.0.1

Re: NXcustom for NX11.0 (NX110custom)

Phenom
Phenom

We are having an issue with the CTRL+tab and switching windows when using the HG custom utilities

We can switch between parts, in the native out of the box NX launch this works just fine. 

Luanching from Teamcenter and with the HG customization the CTRL+tab and Window to switch parts does not work.  Thanks

Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

We had the following line in one of our .MEN files  which broke the CTRL+Tab Issue.  This is now fixed and working great now.

AFTER UG_WINDOW_CHANGE_PART

BUTTON UG_WINDOW_CHANGE_PART

LABEL &More Parts...

ACTIONS STANDARD

END_OF_AFTER

Pioneer
Pioneer
Sorry for my noob qustion but is there any detailed document or a manual where the deployment and the usage of nxcustom are explained step by step?

Creator
Creator

Not that I am aware of.
In most of the folders of the package you can find a readme file where it is explained what the specific folder / library is used for and how to configure.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

In the NXcustom folder you can find a "README.txt" file that gives a short introduction on how to use NXcustom.

As mentioned by "nut" it has several readme files in specific folders that explain how to configure that.

NXcustom is intended as a template to deploy NX in an organization, but still requires a certain level of knowledge on NX customization and configuration (that can be found in the NX documentation) if there is a need for specific modifications to the configuration.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Pioneer
Pioneer

ok then I'll try my best. Thank you all.

Siemens Legend

I updated the NX110custom to Revision D.

It contains the fix for the UGII_BASE_DIR and I removed the CAMauxiliary folder.

Success!

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Just found a customer that requires the use of the CAM auxiliry folder. They purchased an encrypted Post Builder post processor from Siemens which requires the PPdecrypt.dll file to reside in the auxiliary folder.

Is it safe to assume I only need put the following back into the NX110env.dat and then copy the auxiliary folder as with the previous versions?

# CAM Auxiliary Files (un-comment and copy Mach\Auxiliary to CAMauxiliary if modifying these files)
UGII_CAM_AUXILIARY_DIR=${NX_CUSTOM_LIB}\CAMauxiliary\ 

Fred Lauzus

Sr. Application Engineer

Spatial Integrated Systems, Inc.

Siemens Legend

Hello Fred,

You are correct.

But be also aware that in Maintenance Releases of NX, the content of the auxiliary folder might be updated.

It is then required to update those files also in the custom auxiliary folder.

The system might run correctly, but you risk an instable system because of this.

Success!!

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn