Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NXopen Remotting in Python

I currently write NXopen scripts in vb.net and am using remoting.

We have a mixture of Windows and Linux in our organistation and I've noticed that in NX10 there is now support for python based NXopen script.

I'm very keen to move towards python due to the cross platform advantages but would like to understand if remoting will be available in python?

The reason I ask this specifically is that we have had issues in getting remoting to work in anything other than vb.net or c#.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES

Re: NXopen Remotting in Python

I don't know whether remoting is available in python or not but it is certainly in java. so you can use java which supports both windows and linux.
Thanks
Anshu

Thanks for your reply Anshu,

I'm keen to stick with Python as some of the linux guys on site already code in Python.

So I know we already have an approved IDE and a few people I can ask if I get stuck Smiley Surprised)

Anyone know about Python definitively?

Thanks,

Python support has just been added to NX 10, so I really doubt that the entire NX feature set is covered.

It took several releases to have most things covered in .NET and the process is still ongoing.

Have you found anything in the programmers reference for NXOpen Python?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Python was actually partially introduced in NX 9.0.1. That release included coverage of the NX Open API only.

NX 10 added UF wrappers, Block UI Styler support and documentation to complete the coverage to the same level as the other available languages.

To answer the original question, remoting is not available in Python at this time. It is not part of the NX 11 plan either.

So with all above discussion,though I am not sure, you can try using Jython i.e. Java + Python. You can have your remoting in java but use your old code in python along with. Just google it and you will get lot of example on Jython.

Thanks

Anshu