Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newbie quastion

Hi All,

I would like to start writing scripts under NX 9.0 Advanced Simulation and I woluld like to ask You  how to start it ?  What programing languages are supported in NX, where can I find tutorials manuals etc  for programing in NX.

thanks for support and help

regards

Tom

12 REPLIES

Re: Newbie quastion

Check the NX installation directory

C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\CAE

for sample codes

NXOpen documentation must be installed as a "Add-on"

whichever language you are confortable with. I am using vb.

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Please correct me if i'm wrong

To run program/scrips in NX (C/C++ profile) i need to write program and compile it in external compilator, and then run in NX using :
File -> Execute -> Nxopen (from exe files )  ?

thanks for help

Tom,

In NX 8, the programming documentation was broken out of the main doc set into it's own complete set. From the main NX doc page, pick "Programming Tools" from the bottom of the product area list. The documentation contains an overview of all of the automation capabilities, as well as Programmers Guides and Reference Guides for each language. These languages are C/C++, Java, VB. C#. In NX 9.0.1 we began the introduction of Python, which will be complete in NX 10.

C/C++ and Java both must be compiled prior to running in NX and run on both Linux and Windows (needs to be compiled individually on each). VB and C# are .NET (Windows only) and can be compiled into a .dll, but they can also be run as a journal (uncompiled ascii script). Python cannot currently be compiled, but can be run as a journal on both Windows and Linux (same journal file works on both).

Regards,

Jim

Hi,

Thanks for information.
I'm looking at UGS_NX9\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\C++\File2Points\ .
I want to compile it and run (I have g++ compilator from MinGW) and I have error missing files (afxdlgs.h), Where can I find missing libraries ?

afxdlgs.h is a header file that comes with microsofts visual studio.

I don't know if it is impossible, but I assume it will be a good deal of work to get a running program with gcc. You should use VisualStudio on Windows machines. The free Express version will do it for simple tasks.

Regards

Jan

Jan Böttcher

ok. thanks

I'll try.

where is the documentation for using python? has it been written yet?

Great! thanks. python is such a brease to learn and i think will open NXautomation to so many more users!

supposedly nx9.0 introduced a partial python implementation.

my question is how would i actually go about using it? i don't see a .py extension for loading user functions. is there some administrative option that enables or disables it's use? liscence?

is there a command that starts a python interpreter?

do you start an external interpreter and connect to nx somehow to issue commands?