Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Obsolete Resp. Sim Status - How to check this status?

To all,

For those familiar with the Response Simulation Module in NX. If one re-runs the "attached" SOL103 Resps. Sim then the status of the Response Simulation becomes "obsolete" and one needs to do a "right-click - Check for obsolecence". 

I am looking for a way to check the status of a Response Simulation Solution but cannot find anything in the doc. Only how to activate one!

My current test code loops through all the Response Simulation Solutions (and events) and display the name to the user for selection. I'd like to display only the "valid" ones ie the ones not obsolete

Is there anyway of doing such check?

Thansk

Regards

Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)
2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author selex_ct
‎10-21-2015 03:56 AM

Re: Obsolete Resp. Sim Status - How to check this status?

NXOpen.CAE.ResponseSimulation.Solution.CheckObsoleteStatus() will return an exception if the solution is obsolete. Invoke the method in a Try/Catch to handle it:

theRsManager = simPart.Simulation.ResponseSimulationManager

For Each rsSolution As CAE.ResponseSimulation.Solution In theRsManager.Solutions

Try
        rsSolution.CheckObsoleteStatus()
        theLw.WriteLine(String.Format("Solution {0} is up to date", rsSolution.GetSolutionName))
    Catch ex As Exception
        theLw.WriteLine(String.Format("Solution {0} is obsolete", rsSolution.GetSolutionName))
        'theNXMessageBox.Show("Check Obsolete", NXMessageBox.DialogType.Error, ex.ToString)
        'Return
    End Try

Next rsSolution

Re: Obsolete Resp. Sim Status - How to check this status?

Thanks a lot jimB. Much appreciated.
Production: NX9.0.3.4, NX10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)