cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a specific feature window

Creator
Creator

Hi

Is there a way of using NX.Open to automatize opening a specific feature window, by using a button in custom windows form. Idea is that after running my custom code that does a specific task, a feature windows pops up for example extrude.

Since recording a journal doesn't give up anything, nor searching NX api reference, I'm kind stuck. So if anyone know how to do this I would appreciat help. Either a code snipet, reference to an example ect. 

2 REPLIES

Re: Opening a specific feature window

Phenom
Phenom

"Is there a way of using NX.Open to automatize opening a specific feature window, by using a button in custom windows form."

Nope. The NXOpen API does not give you control over the standard NX GUI dialog boxes.

You might be able to create an NX macro that opens the dialog and enters some desired values, but macros may not play nicely with NXOpen code.

If you are working on a Windows machine, the "SendKeys" function might be useful (though it is not bullet-proof for this use); it would allow you to send common keyboard commands to open a dialog box.

Finally, if you have a block-styler license, you could create your own dialog box that your code would have full control over. In theory, you could replicate a standard dialog box or create your own pared down version that only has the options that you are interested in.

Re: Opening a specific feature window

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the answer. Much appreciated. Smiley Happy

I know what you mean and I even though about doing my own window replicating most of the dialog boxes/info from the NX window I need, but it's just too much work right now. I use alot of "builders" as it is...

For now I will leave it as a "manual" process. (few clicks, scrolls ect)