cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Navigator Columns

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi All,

I have to customize the Operation Navigator Columns using NX-Open and have the following issue.

Problem:

Currently, I can manually customize the columns to my requirement, but when the session closes, the information columns are reset.
I would like to retain the information so that I don't have to customize manually every time.

I am unable to find any API for this using Journal.

Question:
1) Does NX store the column information in any file/registry?
If yes, Where can I find the file which NX uses at launch to set default columns.
2) Is it possible to customize the columns using NX-Open?

Thanks for your time.

6 REPLIES

Re: Operation Navigator Columns

Phenom
Phenom

"Is it possible to customize the columns using NX-Open?"

Probably not. I'm not so familiar with the CAM side of things, but I know there is no way to customize the part navigator or assembly navigator through the API (at least as of NX 9). I'd guess the same applies to the operation navigator.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The navigator columns are stored in the users registry, there is no way to configure them via NXOpen API.

There is an enhancement request to easier deploy and manage the column settings for multiple users.

Registry key for NX 10, since each NX release has its own key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\10.0\General\ONT
Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The Assembly Navigator column settings are stored in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\10.0\General\ANT\Columns. TC and Part Navigator settings are in the same area. Change the NX number to suit.

You may be able to save the entry from Regedit and redeploy it to other macines/users.

Mike

NX 10 TC11.2
www.astonmartin.com

Interactively, the column settings are saved in the registry when the user exits NX. I don't know if this affects the API also.

The only way I know to transfer these is to export a .reg file from regedit and then run in for another user. For example, the ONT settings are stored in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\10.0\General\ONT

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. It was quite helpful. 

As I have to customize this for vast number of users, I am a little uncomfortable playing with regedit.

The reason is different users use different versions of NX and it will be difficult to release a single solution for all the users.

I shall keep this solution mind if I need to deploy this for a particular user community. 

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks for your response. I shall validate this to check for different scenarios.