cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with NX10 PLM Documentation Server silent installation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,
I have problem creating a silent installation for the documentation server, if I do a manual installation with the setup.exe choosing all the default options (next next next..) it installs and runs fine,but if I try by command line it installs fine but when I run it it always throws a Java error on the browser no matter what switch I parse to msiexec.

According to the documentation this string should work but it doesn't:

msiexec.exe /qn+ /i "Siemens PLM Documentation Server.msi"

This is the string I tried (is the same I use for NX10):

msiexec.exe /i "Siemens PLM Documentation Server.msi" SETUPTYPE="typical" ADDLOCAL="ALL" LANGUAGE=english /qb

And this is the error in the browser:

Spoiler
HTTP ERROR 500
Problem accessing /tdoc/nx/10/nx_help/. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Default language is 'en_US' and no valid language was found for /nx/10/nx_help. Add any missiong languages to your browser.
    at com.siemens.plm.lmd.docs.common.utils.L10nUtils.getValidLanguage(L10nUtils.java:46)
    at com.siemens.plm.lmd.xps.output.tdocExt.server.TdocController.makeCall(TdocController.java:67)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:215)
    at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:132)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:104)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandleMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:749)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:689)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:83)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:938)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:870)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:961)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:852)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:735)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:837)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:669)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1448)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.web.Log4jServletFilter.doFilter(Log4jServletFilter.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1419)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:455)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:533)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1075)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:384)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1009)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:255)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:154)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:942)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1004)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:640)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:628)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

At first I was fooled by the "no valid language" error but it has nothing to do with the browser since the manual installation works just fine.
Java version (1.7.0_67 x64) is the minimal one required from the documentation, OS is Win7 x64 Professional Eng.

Any advice is really appreciated!

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Problem with NX10 PLM Documentation Server silent installation

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The error indicates, that the properties are not set correctly.

Did you install the NX10 documentation in the following order?

1. Documentation server
  2. Documentation files

If you do it in a different order, then the installation of the document files doesn't set the proper location in the properties file of the server.

The server is only the framework, the files are mandatory and a separate install.

There is an existing support document about the error 500 related to the documentation server, see document 001-7272265 in the GTAC solution center.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks about the info,
But our trouble is

Luciano Proietti mercuri
TSDCAD Engineering Services Dept.

Experimenter
Experimenter

So,

looking for that property mentioned on doc 001-7272265 I digged a little bit in the setup log (after parsing "/v/Lv* c:\log.log" to the setup.exe), and it turnes out that it passes to msi file the option (among many others...)

COLLECTIONDIR="C:/Program Files/Siemens/PLM Documentation Server/Collections"

After putting that in the command line now it works correctly, but as far as I know there is no documentation whatsoever on msiexec's options for the documentation server, do you know of any?

Thank you

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have now reported the problem as IR# 7351076, hope they will resolve the issue.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community